Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What do Image Consultants do?
A: An image consultant combines formal training in key aspects of image and etiquette with a talented eye to guide you in how to present yourself in a way that reflects your authentic self and creates a positive first impression.
At Ditto & Co., our comprehensive services help you:
- Discover colors that compliment your natural coloring
- Select clothes with the right fit and style for your unique body measurements
- Create a well-coordinated wardrobe that focuses on the quality of the clothing over quantity so you have fewer clothes, but more outfits that go together
- Reduce time shopping by cutting through the background clutter of clothes to quickly find those that look good on you
- Save you money by avoiding purchasing mistakes through knowledge of what looks good on you
- Learn appropriate etiquette for social and business occasions, from selecting a utensil while dining to proper use of email and social media in business interactions
Q: Who needs an image consultant?
A: Working with an image consultant is perfect for people who are ready to update their look, renew their outlook, and maximize their career potential. At Ditto & Co, we work with women and men who are ready to transform -- to make smart decisions about what they wear, to make shopping easier and more cost-effective, to simplify the process of finding clothes in the morning, and to put their best look forward every day.
Q: Why does image matter?
A: For two reasons. First, when you look good, you feel good, internalizing and projecting a confidence that reflects who you are on the inside. Second, personal image is a powerful tool you have to influence first impressions, which can define your success in interacting with others and make others feel at ease.
Q: Do men use image consultants too?
A: Absolutely. Image consulting is not just about hair and makeup; it’s about helping you create great first impressions that lay the foundation for both personal and business relationships.
Q: What should I ask when interviewing an image consultant?
A: You should assess their credibility and professionalism by asking about appropriate certifications and training as an image consultant, and ask whether they are a member of a relevant industry professional association, such as the Association of Image Consultants International. Ask for references and testimonials, and look for a clearly-defined fee structure. Most importantly, make sure they ask questions about your specific needs, getting to know your unique personality and style so they can help you create an authentic look that’s tailored just for you.